Video Jockey / Radio Jockey / Disc Jockey
Courses & Eligibility
From time to time, channels invite young aspirants for VJ hunts and radio channels invite people for the RJ hunts. Else one can apply directly to the channel for audition and start working as an intern. People begin early in DJ industry and learn while assisting the established DJ’s. Many models and actors have become VJs.
There is no education route to be a VJ/DJ/RJ. There are short term certificate and diploma courses and some mass communication courses have radio jockeying as part of their syllabus. Some personality enhancement courses and language course can equip one in becoming a VJ.
Where To Study
There are no institutes that offer course in VJ.
To be a DJ one must have knowledge about DJ mixer (which is used to mix the music) and other equipment and sound mixing.
Institutes for DJ’s
- The Studio Bakers , Pusa Road and Kailash Colony run by Rummy Sharma, a DJ with Djinns at the Hyatt.
- 'Sound of Music', Vasant Kunj run by DJ Sunny
- Modus Operandi run by Sumit Budhiraja
- Sound of soul, New Delhi.
- ScratchZ D J academy Bangalore.
- SSR DJ workshops, Chennai
- Grooves Entertainment
Course fee: Beginner: Rs 15,000; intermediate: Rs 18,000; both combined: Rs 25,000
- Spin Gurus DJ & Remixing Academy
Course fee: CD DJ Course: Rs 20,000; Vinyl DJ Course: Rs 18,000; CD Turntable Course: Rs 28,000
- Dance Café, Gurgaon
Course fee: Beginner Rs 5,000; advanced Rs 10,000
Institutes for Radio Jockey Course
- CRAFT Delhi, Offers P G Diploma IN Radio Jockey.
- The Radio School, Mumbai
Some other institutes that offer related courses are:
- IILM Academy, Gurgaon
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) New Delhi
- AJK Mass Communication Research Centre New Delhi
- Amity School of Journalism & Communication, New Delhi
- Asian Academy of Film & Television
- Delhi University
- Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai
- EMDI, Mumbai
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Institute of Radio Jockeying, Chandigarh