Naval Architect and Ocean Engineer
Courses and Eligibility
- B.Tech and B.Tech(Hons) Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- M.Tech –Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
- B Tech Arch Naval architecture: PCM in 10+2, Selection criteria Entrance test.
- JEE for admission into IITs and NITs. Separate entrance tests for other institutes.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Naval architecture : Navy officers are eligible for this program conducted at IIT Delhi. The Indian Navy takes in graduates in select branches of engineering and then sends them for training.
The tution fee for IITs is Rs 90, 000 per year. IITs have very attractive schemes to cover the fees for SC/ST candidates and also for the economically weaker students. For other institutes the fee varies from institute to institute.
Where To Study
- IIT Kharagpur
Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
B.Tech.- Ocean Engg. and Naval Architecture
Dual Degree - Ocean Engg. & Naval Architecture
Dual Degree - MBA
M. Tech. - Ocean Engg. and Naval Architecture
- IIT Madras
B.Tech and B.Tech(Hons) -( Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
B.Tech & M.Tech (Dual Degree) -(Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
M.Tech -OE1(Ocean Engineering)
M.Tech -OE2(Ocean Technology)
M.Tech- (Offshore Stuctural Engineering)
- College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Naval College of engineering, INS Shivaji, Lonavala.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology, BTech in naval architecture and shipbuilding
- IIT Delhi (Diploma in naval construction, for Indian Navy officers)
- Indian Maritime University, Chennai and various campuses Offer B Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering at Vizag.
- MAEER MIT's Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, Pune offers B Tech Marine Engineering and B Sc Nautical Sciences.
- Ocean Engineering in India is offered at undergraduate and postgraduate level in following colleges / universities / institutes
- Indian Institute of Technology – Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur
- Cochin University of Science and Technology – Cochin
- National Institute of Technology – Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology – Calicut
- National Institute of Oceanography (NIO)