Information Technologist / Software Developer
Pay & Remuneration
A software developer with 1-2 years experience earns around Rs 3 Lakhs to Rs 5 Lakhs a year.
Due to the constant increase in demand for computer software, the future of a software developer is really bright. As the internet technologies and computer networks continue to evolve with each passing day, the number of new jobs created also increases day by day. Mobile technology, health care industries have a tremendous increase in computer systems and new applications where professionals are constantly needed to develop, maintain and run the different applications. A variety of products now use latest software for speed, cost effectiveness, security reasons and hence the demand for good developers.
For professionals who embark on a software developer career, the salary varies anything between INR 149,142/- to 646,681/-. There’s a proverb which says” The more you learn, the more you earn” is absolutely true for a software developer as the more specialized and updated he is at all times and the better he would earn.
Tim Berners Lee, an English computer scientist was also the inventor of World Wide Web which changed the future of internet.
Peter Norton, an American programmer, software publisher, author has written lots of computer program books and is a developer of Norton Utilities.
Richard Garriott, a British video game developer and entrepreneur is also the creator of the famous series Ultima.
Philippe Kahn is a technology innovator, entrepreneur and is also responsible for creating the first camera phone which shared pictures instantly on public networks.
A Day in Life
A software developer during a typical work day would be expected to do the following:
- Reviewing current systems and suggesting changes for improvements making it more cost effective and less time consuming.
- Working in teams with other designers, programmers, marketing professionals to plan and execute projects according to the client’s requirement.
- Maintaining the systems once they have been created.
- Meetings with the clients and making presentations to customer or client audience or professional peers.
- Researching and developing new programmes constantly.
- Responding responsibly and promptly to bug reports.
- To keep the clients and companies systems updated with changing technologies.
- To write codes and then further develop them for various software.
- To find error codes and other errors in the software.
So if you are a computer geek, you have a bright future awaiting you. Go on and grab your dream.
In case Software Developer as a career option does not seem to be a good career fit then you can always explore the other career options that are listed on mapmytalent.in
Also one must always remember to take Aptitude Test and Personality Test to find which careers are suitable and fitting well for the person.
You may also like to read up on other such careers as: