Courses and Eligibility
After 12th students can opt for BBA / BBS or BMS program and after graduation students can opt for MBA / PG Diploma in Management. These courses provide training and also make students familiar with the theory and practice of business management.
This program enhances the analytical skills and decision-making capabilities of the individuals to help them meet the challenges of competitive business environment. There are various options available to the students who want to pursue an MBA course which include a full-time program, executive MBA program and a distance-learning program. Many universities offer programs in management education both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Professional management programs are based on the premise that people can learn to manage all types of business situations more effectively. Apart from MBA program one can also pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM).
Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)/Bachelor of Business administration (BBA)/ Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS): Eligibility 10+ 2/Intermediate and any stream.
MBA/ PG Diploma In Management: Bachelor's degree holder (3 years or 4 years) in any discipline, from recognized university with at least 50 % marks in aggregate. In case of SC/ST/OBC the minimum mark can be 45%.
Admission is through entrance examination, GD and personal interview.
Generally, the MBA or PGDM offered by IIM’s is a two year full time course; however there are options of Three year part-time or a one year Executive MBA program. The fee for an MBA course in India ranges from Rs.2 lakhs to around Rs.20 lakhs., depending upon institute to institute.
IIM Ahmedabad which is one of the Top Institutes in India, charges a fee of Rs 19 lakhs for 2 year program.
Fee for IIM Indore 5 year Integrated program: IIM Indore charges a fee of Rs 3 Lakhs for the first three years and later the fee of PGDM course is charged.
St Xaviers Collge of commerce, Banagalore: Fee for BBA program is Rs 1 lakh per year for Other state candidates and 99,000 for karnataka State candidates.
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (CBS) , University of Delhi. Fee for BBA first year is Rs 14,535.
Top Colleges for BBA / MBA
Top colleges to take up a PG Course in Management are
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C)
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L)
- XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur
- FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calicut (IIM K - Kozhikode)
- MDI, Gurgaon
- FMS, University of Delhi
- Delhi School of Management, DTU Delhi
- Department of Management, IIT Delhi
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Kashipur
- Department of Management IIT Roorkee
- IIFM Bhopal
- Shailesh J mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
- Department of Management studies , IISc Bangalore
- IIM Trichirapalli
- Department of Management IIT Madras.
- School of Management, IIT Kharagpur
- IIM Ranchi
- IIM Shillong
SRCC, Delhi University offers 2 years PG Diploma in Global Business Operations. (Admission through own entrance test)
IIFT Delhi Offers MBA (IB) 2 years.
Top Colleges offering BBA / BBS / BMS programs are as follows
IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak, IIM Ranchi , IIM Jammu and IIM Bodhgaya offer 5 year integrated program in Management.After the course the students are awarded the MBA degree.
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies (CBS), Rohini, (University of Delhi). 185 seats in BBS and 70 in BFIA. Min 60% marks in class 12th with mathematics is the eligiblity. Admission on the basis of entrance.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay College, University of Delhi. 45 seats.
- Keshav Mahavidyalaya, University of Delhi. 45 seats.
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi ( East Delhi Campus Vivek Vihar ) offers BBA. The course started in 2017 and admission was taken on the basis of class 12th percentage ( Best 4 including English) .
- GGS IP University, New Delhi . There are many colleges affiliated to IP university that offer BBA course.
- Jamia Milia Islamia University offers BBS course
- DAV College, sector 10 Chandigarh Affiliated to Panjab University. Offers BBA ( 120 seats) . 5% weightage is given to students who have studied commerce, management, banking , economics etc at class 12th level. The admission is on merit basis.In 2017 the college cutoff was 99.2%.
- Goswami Ganesh Dutta S D College Sector 32, Chandigarh Affiliated to Panjab University. Offers BBA. There are 120 seats and admission is on the basis of merit. The college also offers B Vocational Retail Management course in collaboration with Future Retail Ltd. In 2017 the college received around 2000 applications and the cutoff was 92.8% for admission to BBA.
- MCM DAV College for Girls, Chandigarh Affiliated to Panjab University.Offers BBA. There are 40 seats. The admission is on merit basis.
- Mt Carmel college for girls, Bangalore offers BBA Admission through an entrance test.
- St Joseph's College of Commerce ( NAAC A Grade) ( Autonomous college ) Banglaore Offers BBA Entrepreneurship / BBA Regular / BBA Professional program CIMA Integrated / BBA International Twinning program at Swansea University UK or Eastern Institute of Technology, New Zealand. The admission is on the basis of entrance test, GD and Interview.
- Garden City College, Banaglore offers BBA Business Analytics in Associatetion with IBM.
- Mumbai University , Mumbai offers BMS course. More than 40 colleges offer this course and there are 2500 seats.
- St Xaviers College, Mumbai An autonomous college under Mumbai University offers 3 years BMS course. There are 60 seats. Admissions would be on the basis of the Entrance Test: 60%, XII Std. marks: 30% and Personal Interview: 10 %. The test is conducted by St Xaviers College in te college only.
- HR College of commerce and economics, Mumbai Offers BMS
- Mithibai College
- Siddharth College of commerce and economics
- Jai Hind College
- University of Mumbai's Garware Institute of Career Education and Development offers Full Time 3 years Bachelors in Sports Management. There are 60 seats. Bachelor degree in retail Management. There are 30 seats and the admission is on the basis of entrance test.
St. Joseph's College, Devagiri, Calicut affiliated to the University of Calicut Offers B BA. There are 40 seats.
ST. TERESA’S COLLEGE (Autonomous) ( A Grade ) Ernakulam, Cochin Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam Offers Bachelor of Management Studies in International Business ( 30 seats)
Farook College ( Autonomous ) Kozhikode ( NAAC A grade ) Offers BBA ( 50 seats )
Malabar Christian College, Calicut ( NAAC A grade ) Offers B BA
Carmel College Mala , ( NAAC A grade )Thrissur Offers BBA
Some other colleges of repute that offer BBA are
St Xaviers College Kolkatta ( NAAC A++ ) offer BMS course. Maths is compulsory at class 12th for Admission. The Selctions are based on 50% weightage to class 12th marks and 50% weightage to Entrance Exam. The course is offered in evening. The institute also offers certificate course: NSE Certified Capital Market Professional (NCCMP)
Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan offers BBA course.
IITTM with campuses in Gwalior,Bhubaneswar, Noida and Nellore offer BBA Travel and Tourism management. There are 60 seats in each campus. The admission is through entrance test conducted by IITTM (IIAT ) followed by GD and PI.
Bharti Vidyapith University Pune, Delhi ( Deemed University ) Offers BBA and MBA.