Animal and Fisheries Scientist
Courses & Eligibility
- One can pursue a bachelors degree in Fish Farming (B.Sc. in Fishery Sciences) or a bachelor's degree in Zoology (B.Sc. in Zoology). (10+2 with science is the eligibility)
- For masters degree in Fishery Sciences, bachelor degree in fish farming or Zoology is the eligibility.
One can also study for a masters degree in Mariculture (M.Sc. in Mariculture) and higher studies like PhD can be pursued later.
- Diploma courses are also offered by several institutes. These diploma courses can be of 1 to 3 years.
- Small certificate courses are also offered by some academic institutions.
- Entrance Exam: Most of the reputed institutes take admission through combined examination conducted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, Pusa, New Delhi, in the 1st week of June.
Where To Study
- College of Fisheries Roha, Nagaon, Assam
- Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE), Mumbai
- Agriculture University, Jorhat, Assam
- Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (CIFA), Bhubaneshwar
- College of Fisheries, Rajendra Agricultural University, Dholi, Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA), Chennai.
- Agriculture University, Sabour, Bihar
- College of Fisheries, Vellanikkara, Trichur (Kerala)
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI), Kochi
- Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries University, Bidar, Karnataka
Institutes offering master's courses in fishery sciences
- Department of Industrial Fisheries, Cochin
- University Kochi, Kerala, India
- Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Cochin, Kerala, India
Institutes offering diploma courses
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Shark Processing Integrated Fisheries Project, Cochin, Kerala
- Mate Fishing Vessel Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical
- Engineering Training, Cochin, Kerala, TN, AP