Courses & Eligibility
- BA Advertising: 10+2
- Bachelor of applied art/ Courses in multimedia and mass communication/ any graduation ( For Copy Writer), Entrance test- Copy Test.
- Graduation in communication Design/ Graphic Design/Animation Design (For Visualiser)
- Post Graduation Advertising: Any Graduation and entrance exam and/or interview.
- MBA/Communication Management/ Media Management
- MICA Ahemdabad conducts its own MICAT entrance test. Students can apply through CAT / MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ ATMA / GMAT and then they have to appear in MICAT. IN PGDM - C there are 180 seats.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication, takes entrance test for admission to various courses. There are around 70 seats in each course. For the advertising and PR course the entrance test covers General Awareness, Aptitude and Mental Make up, language ability, Analytical and Comprehension skills, Brand Awareness and recall, social consciousness , lateral thinking capabilities. The applications open in the month of March.
- MCRC Jamia Millia Islamia takes entrance test. There are 2 papers paper 1 is multiple choice type and paper 2 is descriptive. There are 50 seats in MA in Mass Communication course. The application open in the month of January.
- Xaviers Institute of communications, Mumabi takes Online entrance test for ist various courses and applications open in the month of March.
- Symbiosis institute of Media and Communication takes admission through its SNAP test. The applications open in the month of August and Test is held in December.
The programme cost for the PGDM-C for two years, including tuition fee, residential charges (Boarding and Lodging) etc is Rs. 13, 50, 000 (approx.) at MICA.
For MA in Mass Communication course MCRC, JMI New Delhi takes a fee of Rs 76,000 in year 1 and 54,000 in year 2 of the course.
IIMC takes a fee of Rs 77000 for the advertising course.
Top Colleges for Advertising
- Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA), Ahmedabad offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications ( Equivalent to MBA). with specialization in Advertising Management, Brand Management, Media Management, Marketing Resaerch and digital communication management.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), Aruna Asif Ali Marg, New Delhi Offers Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising & Public Relations.
- Mass Communication Research Centre (MCRC), Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi Offers MA In Mass Communication
- Xaviers Institute of Communications, Mumbai offers P G Diploma in Advertsing and Marketing Communication.
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune and Bengaluru Offers MBA Communication Management with specialization in Brand Communication, Public Relations, Media management. It also offers Master in Mass Communicaton Course
- Mumbai University offers Bachelor in Mass Media and in the third year you can specialize in Advertising.
- Sir Aurobindo Institute Of Mass Communication New Delhi offers full time PG Diploma in Advertising and PR, Audio engineering and Music Production, Creative Documentary and Photigraphy.
- National Institutes of advertising, New Delhi offers Two Year Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Communications Management (PGDMCM) -Full Time and Two Year Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Communications.
- The Delhi School of Communication, New Delhi Offers 2 year Post Graduate Program in Communication integrating Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing and Strategy.
- Asian Academy of Film & Television ( AAFT ), NOIDA offers MA Journalism and Mass Communication ( Specialization in PR, Advertising and Brand Management, Advertising and Brand Communicaton.
- Sardar Patel College of Communication & Management, New Delhi Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi
- The Advertising Academy, New Delhi
- International Institute Of Mass Media, New Delhi
- Institute of Mass Communication, Manipal