Courses and Eligibility
- Bachelors degree in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition
- Food Service Systems Management
- Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Home science: Take up science in 10+2 to do B.Sc Home science, else BA Home Science.
- Post Graduation with food science and nutrition as specialization.
- M.Sc in Nutrition: Eligibility graduate in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bio Chemistry, Chemistry, Home Science, Hotel Management, B Sc life sciences, Nutrition and Dietetics and, B.Pharma, BPT, Graduates in Medicine, Nursing Graduates.
- 1 year PG diploma course in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- In order to become a registered dietitian you have to clear a Registered Dietitian (RD) exam that is conducted every year by the IDA (Indian Dietetic Association). This has to be followed by a 6 month long internship at a hospital recognized by the IDA.
The following are the list of applied nutrition entrance exams:
- National Institute of Nutrition M.Sc Entrance Test ( Eligibility: MBBS / B Sc Nutrition/ Home Science/ Nursing / Bio Chemistry/ B Sc with Nutrition as major subject.
- Madurai Kamaraj University M.Sc Entrance Exam
- University of Madras M.Sc Entrance exam
- IHMCTAN (JEE)
- West Bengal Post Graduate Applied Nutrition Admission Test Examination
- Manipal University Admissions Test
MSU Baroda fee is Rs. 1,01,360/- per year for B Sc Hons in Food and Nutrition.
Top colleges for Nutrition and Dietetics
- Delhi University, Institute of Home Economics, Offers BSc/ MSc home science (food and nutrition).
- Delhi University, Lady Irwin College Offers B Sc Home Science, M Sc Food and Nutrition and PG Diploma in Diettetics and Public health and Nutrition.
- Panjab University Offers B Sc with Clinical Nutrition Dietetics
- MSU Baroda Faculty of Family and Community Sciences offers B Sc Family and Community science Honors in Food and Nutrition, ( 40 seats) Admission on merit and Interview. The university also offers M Sc Food and Nutrition.
- Gujarat University offers M Sc in Food Sciences and Nutrition.
- G B Pant University, PantNager Offers B Sc Home Science and M Sc Foods and Nutrition ( For students of Uttarakhand)
- CCS Haryana Agriculture University, Hisar Offers B Sc Home Science and M Sc Food and Nutrition.
- University of Mumbai, PG Diploma in Dietics and applied nutrition.
- University of Madras, PG Diploma in Nutrition and Dietics.
- Dr. MGR University, No.40, Anna Salai Nawab garden, Guindy, Chennai.
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Plakabi Nagar, Madurai.
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, J Ramachandra Nagar, Perur, Chennai.
- National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), Jamia Osmania PO, Near Tarnaka Flyover, Hyderabad.
- IHMCTAN - Institute of Hotel Management, S.J. Polytechnic Campus, Seshadri Road, Bangalore.
- All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health, Kolkata.