Faculty of Architecture, GBTU, Lucknow.
It has earned a sound reputation for a studio based curriculum that provides a balanced understanding of Architecture in a stimulating environment for creativity.
The Institution separated from Government College of Arts and Crafts in 1976, with its new name 'Govt. School of Architecture' which was, later, renamed in 1980 as 'Govt. College of Architecture, Lucknow' (Popularly called GCA, Lucknow) as+A11. Till the academic session of 1999-2000 the College, constituting the 'Faculty of Architecture' of Lucknow University, conducted a 5-year degree course leading to the award of a Bachelor's degree in Architecture (B. Arch). With the academic session 2000-2001, as per the decision of the government applied to all other technical institutions of the State, it got affiliated to the newly established 'U.P. Technical University, Lucknow' for all academic matters. The administrative Control and the financial grants of the college remained with the Technical Education Department of the UP Government. For a brief period of about two years, the college functioned as an autonomous college with name 'Lucknow College of Architecture' Presently, this University is renamed as the 'Gautam Buddh Technical University, Lucknow and the college is merged with it as its integral part and known as the 'Faculty of Architecture-GBTU'. The Faculty of Architecture-GBTU is located at a walking distance from the city centre - 'Hazratganj' and forms a part of the beautiful edge to the river 'Gomti' It has earned a sound reputation for a studio based curriculum that provides a balanced understanding of Architecture in a stimulating environment for creativity. The Birla White Yuva Ratna awards was instituted to recognize and reward budding talent in the field of architectural design. This award received an overwhelming response from budding architects all over India for the third consecutive year, about 1532 entries to be precise.