All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health, Kolkata
A premier institute of hygiene and public health, affiliated to the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS)
* Upon its inception, the AIIH&PH was a part of the University of Calcutta.
* Since 1932, it has been working in close collaboration with the faculty of the School of Tropical Medicine, West Bengal.
* In 1953, the Institute was accredited by WHO and UNICEF as an International Training Centre.
* From 1967, the Institute also functions as one of the three central family planning institutes. In addition, it provides consultation on health matters and conducts special courses, including those for reorientation, of the health and other ministries of the Government of India.
* Since 2004, the AIIH&PH has been affiliated to the West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS).
The All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health was established in Calcutta on 30th December, 1932 with generous assistance from the Rockfeller Foundation. It is the pioneer public health institute in India, devoted to teaching and research in various disciplines of public health and allied science and is the oldest school of public health in South-East Asia region.
Through several decades of its existence, AIIH&PH has contributed significantly in the public health scenario of India and South East Asia Region. The AIIH&PH continues to strive towards public health development through contribution of its technical expertise along with capacity building in public health. The administrative control of All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health rests with the Director General of Health Services, New Delhi and the Ministry of Health & family Welfare, Government of India.