Courses & Eligibility
A course in textile design trains for creative and technical aspects of textile designing. There are course available at diploma, graduation and post graduation levels.
- B Design (Textile) (4 years), 10+2 students any stream are eligible.
- Diploma in Design (Textile) (2 years), 10+2 students any stream are eligible.
- Post graduate diploma in Textile Design (4-4.5 years): Graduate students in any stream are eligible, admission is on the basis on entrance.
NID charges a fee of around Rs. 2 lakhs for a year in the undergraduate course, some private institutions charge even more.
Where To Study
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
4 year Graduate Diploma Programme in Textile and Apparel Design, admission is through Entrance Examination and Interview and 10+2 students of any stream are eligible.
Post Graduate Program: 2 and 1/2 year Post-Graduate Diploma Programme in Textile Design, Apparel Design & Merchandising (PGPD), Graduates of B.F.A, Applied Arts, B.Arch. Interior Design, graduates with experience in Textile Design, Textile/Handloom Technology, Textile/Knitwear/Fashion Design, Home Science (with Textile & Clothing) are eligible. The selection is through Entrance Test and interview.
- NIFT many centers: Bengaluru, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai
Degree, Diploma, Certificate courses in Textile design, 10+2 students are eligible and admission is through Entrance Examination and Interview.
- Srishti School of Design, Bangalore
Programs: 2 + 2 year Professional Diploma in Textiles Design Admission: open to graduates or diploma holders in Art and /or Design, Architecture or related disciplines, or students with at least 2 years of study successfully completed
- Arch Academy of Fashion, Art & Design, Jaipur
4 year Undergraduate Degree Programmes in Textile Design, 1 1/2 year PG Degree and PG Diploma in garment production & export management. 10+2 students are eligible for undergraduate studies and graduates are eligible for post graduate studies.
- National Institute of Fashion Design, Chandigarh, Kolkata
3 year B.Sc. Bachelor of Science in Textile Design and Fashion Design, 2 year Advance Diploma in Textile Design and Fashion Design,12 months and 6 month courses, 10 + 2 students are eligible.
- Pearl Academy, Delhi, Jaipur
4 year Undergraduate Degree Programmes in Textile Design, 10+2 for undergraduate studies and graduation in any field for post graduate studies.
- Apeejay Institute of Design, N Delhi
4 year Bachelor in Design in Fashion Design and Textile Design, 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Design and 2 year Master in Design.
For graduate programs 10 +2 students are eligible for admission and graduates in Fine Arts, Engineering, Design are eligible for Masters in Design.
- Northeast Institute of Fashion Technology, Guwahati
2 year diploma program in Textile Designing, 10+2 students are eligible.
- Government Institute of Garment Technology (GIGT), Amritsar
3 year diploma programs in the field of Fashion Design and Garment Technology, 10+2 students are eligible.
- Army Institute of Fashion Design, Bangalore