Plant Breeder / Plant Geneticist
Courses & Eligibility
Various courses at undergraduate and post graduate level are offered at many universities
- B.Sc. Genetics, B.Sc. (Genetics and Plant breeding)
- Eligibility: Different universities have different eligibility criteria but mostly universities offer
- M.Sc Genetics, M.Sc. (Genetics and Plant breeding)
- Eligibility: different universities have different eligibility criteria but mostly B.Sc. Botany/ Zoology/ Bio- Chemistry/ B.Sc. (Ag.)/ B.V.Sc. / MBBS students are eligible for Post graduate course.
Where To Study
Course in Genetics is offered at Undergraduate level at
- Osmania University, Hyderabad, B.Sc.
- University of Poona, Pune, B.Sc.
- Kakatiya University, Warangal, B.Sc.
- Lucknow University, UP, B.Sc.
- SRM university, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu offers B.Tech in Genetics
Universities with courses in Genetics and Plant Breeding
- BHU, Varanasi, UP M.Sc.
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, UP, M.Sc.
- Annamalai University, Tamilnadu, M.Sc.
- Calcutta University, West Bengal, M.Sc.
- CCS University, Meerut, M.Sc, M.Phil.
- Dr Y S Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, M.Sc.
- University of Kerala, Thiruvananthpuram, Kerala , M.Sc.
Other universities offering course in genetics are
- University of Delhi, Delhi Offers M.Sc.. - Eligibility: B.Sc. with the requisite percentage of marks and with such additional qualifications as may be prescribed from time to time.
- Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Haryana Offers M.Sc., - Eligibility: An overall grade point average of 2.25 (4.00 basis) of 53% marks in aggregate at graduate level.
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, Punjab Offers M.Sc
- Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal, Offers M.Sc.