Courses and Eligibility
Nano technology is offered as a Post-Graduate course in India. Those who want to do post graduation in nano-technology need to pass bachelor's degree examination with subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences obtaining not less than 50% marks in total. For doing M.Tech in Nanotechnology, candidates need a B. Tech degree in any of these fields - Material science, Biotechnology, Biomedical, Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics and Computer Science. Candidates with M.Sc. degree in Chemistry, Physics, Biotechnology, Material Science and Computer Science are also eligible to apply for M.Tech programs.
Where To Study
1. IITs at Mumbai, Kanpur, Chennai, Guwahati and Delhi.
2. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
3. Jamia Millia Islamia (A Central University), New Delhi
4. National Institute of Technology (NIT), Kurukshetra
5. National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela
6. National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
7. Biosys Biotech Lab & Research Centre, Chennai( Tamil Nadu )
8. Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal( Madhya Pradesh )
9. National Physical Laboratory, Delhi
10. Amity Institute of Nanotechnology (AINT), Noida
11. Centre for Nanotechnology & Advanced Biomaterials (CeNTAB), Sastra University, Thanjavur
12. Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kochi
13. University of Madras, Chennai
14. Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology : Dept. of Bio-Nano Technology, Hisar
15. Sastra University : Centre for Nanotechnology & Advanced Biomaterials (CeNTAB), Thanjavur( Tamil Nadu )