Meteorologist and Atmospheric Scientist
Courses & Eligibility
B Sc, M Sc Meterology, Science students after class 12 are eligible. There are various branches of meteorology and one can specialize in them like Climatology, Synoptic meteorology, physical meteorology, agricultural meteorology and applied meteorology. One can also take up courses like M Tech Atmospheric science and M Tech Meteorology PhD Atmospheric Science is another higher studies option.
Admission is through entrance exam in reputed colleges.
Where To Study
1. Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh Offers MSc Meteorology, M Tech Atmospheric science.
2. Cochin Univerity of science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala Offers MSc Meteorology, M Tech Atmospheric science.
3. IIT Delhi Offers B Tech, M Tech Atmospheric sciences
4. IIT Kharagpur offers course in Physics and Meteorology.
5. The center for Atmospheric and Oceanic Science (CAOS), Indian Institute of Science. Bangalore, offers research - oriented programmes leading to M.Sc (Engg). And Ph.D degree.
6. University of Pune , Pune Offers M Tech Atmospheric Science, PhD Atmospheric Science
7. ABV Government Degree College Jangaon, AP Offers B Sc Metereology
8. Govt Institute of science, Aurangabad, Maharashtra Offers M Sc Metereology
9. Sardar Krushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University, Palanpur, Gujarat
10. Maharja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Fatehgunj, Vadodara. Offers B.Sc in Meteorology.
11. Shivaji University, Vidyanagar, Kolhapur, Maharashtra. Course offered : B.Sc in Meteorology along with Oceanography.