Courses & Eligibility
Architecture can be studied in an Engineering college and Architecture college. There are many institutes of repute that offer this course in India.
- B. Arch is a 5 year course and most schools and colleges select students through a written test. Anybody who has studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry at the 10+2 level can apply for admission to study architecture at the graduate level in colleges offering the course.
- M. Arch (Landscape Architecture) Post-graduate Course: On completion of the graduate course, one can study architecture at the post graduate course which varies from 18 months to 2 years.
Entrance test for B.Arch courses:
- NATA, National Aptitude Test for Architecture, can be taken at many centres in India
- JEE MAIN 2013 Exam - Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (2013): for NITs, IIITs, DTU, Delhi and other centrally funded institutions (CFTIs)
Top colleges to study B Arch / Bachelor in Architecture
- School of Planning and Architecture, IP Estate, New Delhi. The school offers B Planning and B Architecture and students with mathematics in class 12th are eligible for the course. The college takes admissions through JEE Mains. There are 105 seats in B Arch and 35 seats in B Planning.
The college also offers various masters degree programmes. Master of Architecture ( Eligibility B Arch ), Master of Design: Industrial Design ( Eligibility B Arch or BE, B Design, BFA ), Master of Urban Design, Master of Building engineering and Management, Master of Landscape Architecture and Master of Planning. program in
- School of planning and architecture, Bhopal There are 100 seats in B Arch.
- School of planning and architecture, Vijaywada There are 100 seats in B Arch.
- Vastu Kala Academy, College of Architecture & Interior Designing, 9/1, Institutional Area, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi The college is affiliated to GGSIP university Delhi and Recognized by council of architecture and AICTE. The college offers 5 year B Arch degree. Students with mathematics in class 12th are eligible. There is no entrance test and the students need to appear for NATA and marks in the qualifying exam will be considered for admissions. The candidates must have at least 50% score in NATA. There are 60 seats in the program. The applications need to be submitted to GGS IP University.
- School of Architecture, CEPT, Ahmadabad Offers B Arch, B Planning, Bachelor of construction Technology and Bachelor in Interior Design. Students with mathematics/ Business Mathematics / Statistics as a subject in class 12th are eligible for B Arch. The college considers NATA scores and class 12th board marks for admission. There are 40 seats in B Arch but 90% seats are reserved for Gujarat Students.
- University School of Architecture and Planning ( USAP) GGS IP University Delhi offer B Arch. There are 80 seats. There is no entrance test and the students need to appear for NATA and marks in the qualifying exam will be considered for admissions. The candidates must have at least 50% score in NATA.
- IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur. (Admission through IIT JEE)
- IIT Roorkee, Roorkee (Admission through IIT JEE)
- National Institute of technology , Tiruchirapalli (Admission through JEE Mains
- Punjab University, Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Lucknow University, Govt. College of Architecture, Tagore Road, Lucknow
- Goa University, College of Architecture, Campal Panaji, Goa
- Indian Education Society's College of Architecture, 791, Bandra Reclamation, Bandra (W), Mumbai
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, School of Planning & Architecture, Mahavir Marg, Hyderabad
- Pune University.
- Kerala University, College of Engineering, Thiruvananthpuram
Top colleges to study B Arch in Delhi/ NCR )
School of planning and Architecture, New Delhi
Vaastu Kala Academy. New Delhi
University school of Architecture, IP University, Delhi
State University of Performing and Visual Arts, Rohtak
Department of Architecture, Chhotu Ram University of science and Technology, Sonipat