Courses and Eligibility
- Bachelor of Design (Jewelry) ( 4 years): eligibility is 10+2 and stream. Most of the reputed institutes like NIFT, NID, Arch Academy, take students through entrance tests.
- Diploma course in design 2 years, Certificate in Jewelry Design (1 Year), Certificate in Gem Processing and Identification (1 Year)
- For most of the courses practical training with a jewelry house is a requirement.
- AIEED of Arch Academy
- NIFT entrance test for B Design
- NID entrance test
A one to two year study program fee is around Rs 65,000 to Rs 1.80 lakh and short-term courses are available for Rs 15,000 to Rs 65,000.
Top colleges for Jewellery Design
- B.Des. (Accessory Design) (4 Years), National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gandhinagar, Kolkata, Chennai, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai; Entrance Examination
- PG Diploma program in lifestyle accessory design, NID, Paldi, Ahmedabad.
- Indian Institute of Gems and Jewelry, Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur Offers Diploma in Jewelry Design,
- Indian Institute of Jewellery, Mumbai offers 1 year full time Professional Program with specialization in Design / Manufacturing. There are 15 seats in the course.
- National Institute of Jewelry, Delhi promoted by DSIIDC Govt. of Delhi offers basic and advanced courses in Jewelery designing.
- B Des (Jewelry) 4 years, Diploma Program 2 years, ARCH Academy of Design, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur; AIEED Entrance Examination
- Advanced Diploma in Jewelry Design (2 Years), National Institute of Jewelry Design and Technology (N.I.J.D.T.), Hi-Tech Vocational Training Center, Shri Maa Anand Mayee Marg, Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-II , New Delhi (Delhi)
- University of Mumbai's Garware Institute of Career Education and Development offers Full Time 1 and half years Undergraduate Diploma in Jewellery Designing and Management. There are 24 seats and admission is on the basis of written test followed by interview.
- Advanced Diploma in Metals & Jewelry (1 Year) Dhiyoh International School of Design, Shukrawar Peth. Pune
- Diploma in Jewelry Design, Diploma in Gemology, Diploma in Diamond Grading - rough & polish diamonds, Gemmological Institute of India (GII), Mumbadevi Road, Mumbai.
- B Sc in Jewelry Design (3 Years) Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (I.N.I.F.D.), Ajmer (Rajasthan), INIFD Campus, Shastri Nagar , Ajmer, Rajasthan.
- Advanced Diploma in Jewelry Design (2 Years), Global Jewelry and Gemological Institute, Surat Gujarat.
- Advanced Diploma in Jewelry Design (2 Years) Goyam Institute for Diamonds and Jewelry, Surat (Gujarat).
- Diploma In Gems & Jewelry (1 Year), Indian Institute of Gems & Jewelry (IIGJ), Bagmal Laxmichand Parikh Campus, Andheri (E),Mumbai.
- Advanced Diploma in Jewelry Design (2 Years), Indian Institute of Jewelry (I.I.J.), Modern Centre, Sane Guruji Marg, Mahalaxmi , Mumbai.
- Advanced Diploma in Jewelry Design (2 Years), International Gemological Laboratories and Institute, New Delhi.
- Jewelry Design (Hons.)(4 Years), Pearl Academy of Fashion, Jaipur, Chennai; Entrance Examination
- Advanced Diploma and Degree in Jewelry Design (2 Years),Raffles Millennium International, Delhi/NCR, Pusa Road Delhi
- B Sc in Jewelry Design (3 Years) Sindhar Institute of Gemology, Kolkata (West Bengal)