Courses & Eligibility
MBA Finance, Chartered Accountants, CFA’s and masters in finance and control are generally preferred for Investment banking career. One can also pursue a Certified investment banking course or work as an Analyst to enter the profession.
Courses in the field of investment banking are conducted at under graduate as well as at post graduate levels. Diploma and certificate courses are also offered by some institutes. Minimum qualification for under graduate program in investment banking is 10+2. For post graduation, one has to be a graduate in the relevant field. Workshops are conducted by many institutions. The course provides detailed overview of work conditions and job requirements of an investment banker.
The Certified Investment Banker Program offered by Society of Certified Investment bankers CIB is specifically designed and developed for the benefit of postgraduate students and professionals/working executives engaged or interested in the area of investment banking and corporate finance.
Keeping in mind the avenues open to candidates who take up the CIB Program, this course is useful for Professionals like CFAs, CAs, CWAs, CSs, MBAs who seek careers in investment banking and Professionals employed in the merchant banking departments of banks and financial institutions, Professionals working in the corporate finance/treasury departments of corporates/banks, Entrepreneurs and managers engaged in financial services and securities markets.
The following categories of applicants are eligible for admission into the CIB Program:
- CFAs, CAs, CWAs, CSs, CTMs and CPMs.
- Candidates with PG qualifications like PGDBA/MBA/MMS/MFC (Master of Finance & Control)/MIB (Master of International Business)/MBE (Master of Business Economics)/MCom/MA (Eco)/MSc (Maths), MSc (Stats) etc.
- The following categories of candidates are also eligible to enroll into the CIB Program, provided they are graduates.
- Candidates who passed CFA (Level I), CA (Inter), CWA (Inter), CS (Inter) or CAIIB (Part I).
- Bankers with CAIIB qualification.
- Full-time students of the PGDBA/MBA/MMS/MFC/MIB/MBE/MCom programs with business schools/University Departments, IIMs and other reputed institutions.
- Full-time students of MCom/MA (Eco)/MSc (Maths)/MSc (Stats).
- Executives having a minimum of five years working experience in executive capacity in finance/commercial banking/investment banking sector. Duration
The CIB Program may be completed in a period of 12-18 months. The enrollment of a candidate in the CIB Program is valid for three years from the date of enrollment.
The CIB Program covers all the important topics related to investment banking. The broad areas in which the body of knowledge is developed and the candidates will be examined, are divided into Three Groups consisting of Two Parts each.
GROUP A: Financial Markets and Environment, Economics and Corporate Finance
GROUP B: Investment Banking I, Investment Banking II
GROUP C: Managing Investment Banking Organizations I, Managing Investment Banking Organizations II
The fee various from course to course and institute to institute. FMS charges only Rs 10,480 per year for MBA, IIMs charge a fee of 12-14 Lakhs for 2 year program.
Top Colleges Investment Banker
Course: Bachelor Courses in Finance
- Delhi University Bachelor in Finance course ( BFIA ). Mathematics complusory subject in class 12th, Admission through entrance test JAT conducted by Delhi University in June.
- NMIMS Mumbai B Sc Finance, Mathematics complusory subject in class 12th, Admission through entrance test conducted by NMIMS.
- Christ University ( Deemed to be University) Bangalore offers Bachelor of Business Administration ( Finance and International Business ), B Com Hons Strategic Finance with CMA Course and B Com Hons in Strategic Finance integrated with CMA certification.
- B Com Hons with Finance and Accounting
Course: MBA Finance/ PG Diploma in Finance
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- FMS, Delhi University.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon.
Other Finance related courses
Course: Masters in Finance and Control (MFC)
- Dept. of Financial Studies, University of Delhi, South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi
Course: CFA programme
- Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India, Hyderabad
Course: Master of Business Economics
- University of Delhi, South Campus
- School of Economics, Devi Ahilya University, Indore
Course: Masters in Business Finance
- Indian Institute of Finance, New Delhi