Courses & Eligibility
To take up a course in this subject, the basic requirement is 10+2 and training in at least one dance form. The formal courses available are BA in Dance and Choreography and Diploma in Choreography.
One of the course in Indian dance form and choreography covers subjects like World and Indian History of Dance, Natyashastra and Indian Aesthetics, History of art and choreography, Stage design and lighting, Music for dance and Mime and movement.
Where To Study
• Natya Institute of Kathak and Choreography (NIKC), Bangalore, affiliated to Bangalore University. Offers BA in Kathak and Choreography, One year post graduate diploma in Choreography
• Government College of Dance & Music in Orissa
• Faculty of Arts in University of Mysore
• Shaimak Davar’s Institute of Performing Arts, Mumbai and many other centres across India.
• Danceworx Performing Arts Academy of Ashley Lobo, GK, New Delhi.
• Kasber’s Dance Academy, Mumbai
• Sangeet Natak Akademi in New Delhi
• Terence Lewis Dance Academy, Mumbai
• Anand Shankar centre for performing arts, Kolkata.