Courses and Eligibility
Some of the courses available in India are
- Bachelor in Social Work (B.S.W)/Bachelor of Arts Social work B.A (SW): Class XII pass students are eligible.
- M.S.W/M.A (SW): Any graduate student is eligible but preference given to social sciences graduates.
- M.Phil, Duration: Candidates with master graduation degree of M.S.W can apply.
- Ph.D., Eligibility: Candidates with M.S.W or M.Phil degree can apply.
TISS takes a tution fee of just Rs 5000 per semester.
Most of the educational institutions and universities have nominal fees. Institutional fee varies from Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 100,000 per year depending on the amenities and the extra-curricular activities provided in the professional colleges.
Some of the optional materials which might reduce the overall cost are
- Indigenously scripted manuals either in the form of audio or video.
- Superior guidance available on requests.
- Miscellaneous activities which are optional.
Top Colleges for Social Work
1. Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur
Offers Bachelor in Social Work, MA in Social Work, Integrated BA -MA and Masters Social Entrepreneurship.
2. University of Delhi, University Road, Delhi
Offers BA and MA Social Work.
3. Panjab University, Chandigarh offers MA in Social Work
4. Madras School of Social Work Offers MA in human resource management, M.Sc. counseling psychology, MA in NGO Management, MA in HR and organizational Development.
5. Jamia Millia University Jamia Nagar, New Delhi: BA and MA Social Work.
6. The Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management (IISWBM) Management House, College Square West, Kolkata: MBA, MPSM.
7. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Institute of Social Sciences Agra
8. University of Rajasthan JLN Marg, Jaipur
9. University of Mumbai M.G. Road, Fort, Mumbai
Offers Bachelor and Masters in social Work.
10. University of Calcutta, Kolkata