Animal Geneticist and Breeder
Courses & Eligibility
One can pursue course in animal science, animal reproduction, or biology. Coursework for such degrees generally includes the study of subjects such as anatomy, physiology, reproduction, genetics, nutrition, and behaviour. Additional courses in marketing, communication, and technology are usually beneficial.
B.Sc. in animal science, M.Sc. in animal Science. M.Sc (Animal Genetics and Breeding MVSc Animal Genetics and Beeding.
Admissions are on the basis of common entrance exams and some universities hold their own entrance.
Per year fee for animal genetics program in a good university costs around Rs.60,000.
Where To Study
There are more than 45 veterinary colleges in the country which are imparting the BV.Sc & AH degree and many Agricultural Universities that offer courses in animal science.
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), Izatnagar, UP
- College of Veterinary & Animal Science, Udgir
- Bihar Veterinary College, Patna
- Central Institute of Research on Buffaloes (CIRB), Hisar
- College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Bikaner
- Central Avian Research Institute (CARI), Izatnagar, Uttar Pradesh
- College of Veterinary Research, Pantnagar, Nainital
- Chandra Shekar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology, Kanpur
- Central Institute of Research on Goats (CIRG), Makhdoom, Mathura
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Sardar Krushinagar, Banaskantha
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Mathura
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Anand, Gujarat
- Central Sheep & Wool Research Institute (CSWRI), Avikanagar, Rajasthan
- National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal, Haryana
- National Research Center on Camel (NRC Camel), Bikaner, Rajasthan
- National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR), Karnal, Haryana
- National Research Center on Equines (NRC Equines), Hissar, Haryana
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Jabalpur
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Mhow
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Science, Parbhani
- National Research Center on Pig (NRC Pig), Guwahati, Assam
- Project Directorate on Cattle,Meerut Cantt, Uttar Pradesh
- Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Central Institute of Fisheries Educations (Cife), Mumbai
- National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources (NBFGR), Uttar Pradesh
- Choudhary Sarwan Kumar Agricultural Vishwavidyalaya, Palampur, Himachal Pradesh